5 Hacks for Organizing Your Business with a Self-Storage Unit
If you’re not the most organized person in the world, it’s easy to find yourself overwhelmed. What was once just two or three papers can turn into a whole stack in a short amount of time.
While it may seem like organizational skills aren’t a necessity for business, the more organized you are, the more efficient your business will run.
Renting a self-storage unit is a great way to make organizing business materials easier than ever. Here are five hacks to help you get started and maximize your resources.
1. Keep an Updated InventoryIf you have trouble organizing your business, throwing things into storage isn’t automatically going to make your life easier. In fact, it just means you’re disorganized in two locations now.
Instead, keep an updated inventory list of everything that you keep in storage. That way when you need to consult a business file or grab some office equipment, you’ll know where items are and won’t need to spend an afternoon tracking it down.
2. Sort Items Into PilesWhen you first rent your self-storage unit, you may have trouble determining what all can — and should — go into storage.
To maximize your storage space, be willing to part with some unnecessary or outdated items.
As a team, divide your materials into three piles to determine what deserves to keep taking up space. First, designate one pile for important things to keep at the office, one to throw away, and one to put in storage.
3. Organizing Business Materials in Your UnitIn order to maximize your storage space, allocate a set amount of space for each type of item or department you’re going to store.
Then, draw up a map of what you’ve put where to eliminate needless guessing.
4. Your Storage Unit Isn’t a Dumpster
A self-storage unit isn’t going to guarantee a more organized business. You’ll want to make sure to avoid continuously dumping things into storage, lest you quickly become overwhelmed.
When you need to add more items to your storage unit, don’t be afraid to remove something old and unnecessary in its place. That way you can be sure that you’re only hanging on to what’s essential for your business.
5. Use Your Self-Storage Unit for Secure Document StorageYour business records and client information are extremely important and deserve to be stored somewhere only you can access them.
It’s a great idea to organize your business documents and set them in your storage unit for safekeeping until you can legally dispose of them.
Having easy and quick access to these files will make tax season much easier and can be beneficial when you need to reference last year’s reports.
Get Organized TodayIf you’re looking for a great and cost-effective method of organizing business records and related goods, you’ll certainly want to consider using these self-storage hacks.
And if you’ve yet to rent a storage unit, be sure to contact Rhodes Self Storage today. We offer competitive rates and a variety of locations so you can get organized no matter where you’re located.
We are a family-owned self-storage facility providing services to the local community that ...