Keep Your Bathroom Warm This Winter With These Tips!
PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIAN IN BRISBANE & SURROUNDING SUBURBS
If you’re searching for the best licensed electrician in the Brisbane area and surrounds (Alderley, Ashgrove, Bardon, Newmarket, Paddington, Stafford, The Gap), look no further than Allyn White Electrical.
Safety First - Only Use Approved Bathroom HeatersIt is important to keep your bathroom warm, comfortable, and safe, just like other rooms in your home.
While some people try portable heaters, not all portable heaters can be used directly in a bathroom. Like all electrical appliances, unless they are specifically designed for bathroom use, they need to be kept away from contact with water and must be IP (Ingress Protection) rated for bathroom use.
Bathroom heaters can come in 3-in-1 bathroom heating configurations. This means you can enjoy a sleek, modern-designed appliance that fills the role of exhaust fan, heater, and light, in one unit. This not only saves you space, but it is also kinder on your electric power bill.
Benefit Of Using Bathroom HeatingThere are many benefits to installing bathroom heating these include:
Staying WarmThe main purpose of heating in the home is to help keep you warm. Most bathroom heaters use infrared heat lamps that quickly heat, making them ideal for small spaces. Bathroom heating creates the right level of warmth in a space that doesn’t irritate the skin or make you uncomfortable. You should allow your heater to warm the bathroom for a minute or two before jumping in the shower.
Removing Moisture and Odours from the AirLike standard exhaust fans, bathroom heater 3-in-1 systems remove moisture from the air in your bathroom. If too much moisture accumulates in your bathroom, it can fog your mirrors, make floors and fixtures slippery, and promote the growth of mould and mildew. The fan portion of your heater can draw moisture out of the air and pass it outside your home. The fan will also help remove unpleasant odours from your bathroom when necessary.
Keep Fixtures DryAdding bathroom heating will also help keep your fixtures dry and free from mould or mildew. Dry mirrors and fixtures mean less mould and mildew build-up. This also makes cleaning and maintaining your bathroom quicker and easier.
What Are The Most Popular Bathroom Heating Options That Are Easy On The Hip Pocket?There are different types of bathroom heating options that you can choose from. You can use a single piece of equipment or use a combination depending upon your bathroom’s size and how much warmth you need. Let’s look at a couple of heating options you can use to make your bathroom warm and comfortable.
1. Bathroom Heat Lamp, Heat Extraction, And Light Also Known As a 3-in-1 UnitA standard bathroom exhaust fan does extract humidity, heat, and moisture from the room, but they cannot heat in the way a 3-in-1 unit can. Dry mirrors and fixtures mean less mould and mildew build-up. This also makes cleaning and maintaining your bathroom quicker and easier.
Combination Heating Like a 3-in-1A 3-in-1 bathroom heater is high quality but inexpensive appliance. They are also energy efficient, meaning you won’t pay nearly as much on your electrical bill as you would think, and are a popular choice when heating a bathroom.
Heat lamps provide both heat and light using an incandescent light bulb. They usually don’t consume more than 200-250 watts and are considered energy efficient to run and easy on the hip pocket and are a popular choice when heating a bathroom.
Heat lamps can last around five years and make a great permanent solution for small spaces. While the radiation is strong, the range is minimal. They act fast, which means you do not have to wait for your bathroom to heat up!
2. Bathroom TASTIC HeatersAnother type of radiant or infrared heater is the one installed on the ceiling. To be installed in a bathroom, ceiling Tastics are a safe option since they don’t pose any potential threat. The heat lamps heat the space using a Heat lamp bulb. The Tastic also has an exhaust fan to clear steam and moisture which helps prevents mould build-up.
It is considered an efficient heating option because of its unobtrusive location and even heat supply and gives better performance in terms of heating and safety.
3. Heated Towel RailsIf you’re looking for a little extra comfort during winter and a space-saving storage option for your towels, then heated towel rails are definitely worth it!
These rails are also a great way to tie a space together if you have a compact bathroom space, then installing a heated rail will not only provide space to hang your things but also are a cost-effective heat source designed especially for bathrooms.
The heat generated is enough to warm your towels and be used to dry your wet towels after use and will also keep the dampness out of your shower mats and towels all year round.
Safety tip: always ensure that your towel rail complies with Australian Standards for electrical safety, check the towel rails' IP (Ingress Protection) rating, and consult your licensed electrician before purchasing.
Low-Cost Heating Tips To Keep Your Bathroom Warm
1. Turn off Your Exhaust FanTurn off the exhaust fan while you’re taking a shower or a bath, this will keep the warmth inside the bathroom. To avoid any moisture, build-up or mould. Remember to turn the exhaust fan back on when you leave the bathroom.
2. Seal the LeaksTo lock in the warm air, seal any leaks in windows and doors this will keep the heat from escaping and keep your bathroom warmer.
Upgrade doors, windows, and weatherstripping. In the winter, ineffective doors and windows leak out heat and moisture. This means energy costs increase and the home environment is less comfortable. Mitigate this heat and humidity loss by installing newer, more efficient windows and doors. If new doors and windows aren’t in the budget, consider using weatherstripping or other means to seal up cracks and keep your warm, moist air inside and the cold, dry air outside.
3. Throw a RugTo avoid getting cold feet and keeping your bathroom floor warm, consider throwing a cosy plush rug in your bathroom.
4. Add HouseplantsDid you know that by adding houseplants they also add warmth to your bathroom by releasing moisture and increasing humidity levels as well as adding some design style and greenery.
For all bathroom heating solutions and or installations, always contact a licensed electrician.
Contact a Licensed Electrician in Brisbane for Your Home Electrical Maintenance, Repairs, Installations, and Lighting advice.
Installation, repairs, upgrades, and lighting advice for your home and outdoor spaces. No matter what your home renovation plan calls for, you can trust Allyn White.
With over 45 years of experience in all aspects of domestic, industrial, commercial and emergency electrical work, Allyn will be able to assist with your electrical needs in Brisbane.
For a free quote by a licensed electrician call 0416 235 641 to arrange a time to discuss your electrical needs.
Our charge out rate remains the same during the week, weekends and after hours, so don't hesitate to contact us today!
Allyn White is a licensed electrical contractor and electrician in Brisbane QLD. Allyn is ...