Are You Considering a Kitchen Reno? Here are 5 Reasons Why You Should!
PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIAN IN BRISBANE & SURROUNDING SUBURBS
If you’re searching for the best licensed electrician in the Brisbane area and surrounds (Alderley, Ashgrove, Bardon, Newmarket, Paddington, Stafford, The Gap), look no further than Allyn White Electrical.
1. Encourage to Cook at HomeOne of the biggest trends in family lifestyle is the move towards more home-cooked healthier meals.
Increased counter space, new appliances and a brand-new feel to a kitchen encourage more people to stay home and cook rather than eating out.
2. You Want To Save On Your Energy BillsWith energy costs steadily on the rise, something else to consider when undertaking kitchen remodelling is whether your renovations will grant you any eco-friendly advantages. ‘Greener’ kitchens generally perform better, use less energy and can . often equate to energy savings.
Skylights can make use of natural light, therefore reducing the need for artificial light. Energy-efficient appliances can also help you save on energy bills. Many electrical appliances now sold here in Australia have an energy rating label (based on a star system) which helps buyers compare how much electricity a product uses compared to other appliances. It’s a handy assessment of your appliance’s energy efficiency – the more stars, the more efficient the appliance and potentially more savings for you!
3. Boost Resale ValueA new kitchen adds value to the home, and generally, the cost of a new kitchen will double the investment outlay. For example, a $15,000 kitchen will add approximately $30,000 to the property value. Something to consider, however, is to set realistic budgets and not go over your limit. As a rule of thumb, you want to pay no more than 2 percent of the property value when renovating kitchens.
4. It Is a Chance to Modernise Your HomeUpdating your kitchen can not only be an investment opportunity, but it can also help modernise the look and feel of your entire home.
Technology is advancing at a rapid rate and modern kitchen appliances, devices and accessories make a huge difference in home functionality. Your kitchen renovation is the perfect opportunity to get with the times and the most popular kitchen concepts all include modern features such as water-saving taps, energy-saving appliances, smart kitchen systems, coffee machines and all sorts of modern gadgets that will make cooking much easier.
5. You Need A Kitchen That’s More FunctionalIf you’re going to spend a lot of time in your new kitchen (and let’s face it, a lot of us have been during the pandemic), then it needs to be functional to allow for maximum efficiency, reduced workload and a streamlined food preparation process. Are you constantly bumping into others while you’re preparing a meal? Is there a corner of your kitchen that always seems to be cluttered? Is there enough room to enable you to multitask?
A new kitchen renovation can help remove bottlenecks by adding more cabinets, a second sink, a bigger pantry or even a kitchen island for food prep will all help your kitchen layout work more effectively for you and your family.
The ability to clean is also something to consider if you’re going to remodel your kitchen, and things like low-maintenance appliances and an accessible floor plan will only benefit your kitchen’s appearance.
One last piece of advice?You will need a lighting plan when designing your dream kitchen. Start with adding ambient light sources, as it is essentially a ‘task-driven’ area, as you will want to cast as much ambient light as evenly as possible from your ceiling. You can achieve this with a combination of pendant lights, downlights, track lights and flush mounts. Remember though, while your kitchen should be a space that feels light and bright, it's important to consider installing dimmers on your main fixtures so you can change the light intensity when you need to.
The most beautiful kitchens always feature not just statement pendants, but subtle accent lighting that accentuates elements of the décor and architecture. Think downlights in glass cabinets and strip lighting above your splashback, in drawers, shelves, or pantries.
Remember your design can create a kitchen that’s perfect for you and your family.
Contact a Licensed Electrician in Brisbane for Your Home Electrical Maintenance, Upgrades and Repairs
Installation, repairs, upgrades, lighting advice for your home and outdoor spaces. No matter what your home renovation plan calls for, you can trust Allyn White.
With over 45 years of experience in all aspects of domestic, industrial, commercial and emergency electrical work, Allyn will be able to assist with your electrical problems in Brisbane.
For a free quote by a licensed electrician call 0416 235 641 to arrange a time to discuss your electrical requirements.
Our charge out rate remains the same during the week, weekends and after hours, so don't hesitate to contact us today!
Source: allbathroomgear.com.au, masterkitchensandbathrooms.com.au, atconstructions.com.au, beaconlighting.co.au
Allyn White is a licensed electrical contractor and electrician in Brisbane QLD. Allyn is ...