5 Benefits of Barley Juice Powder
A Powerful Source of NutritionBarley grass is so nutrient-dense that it can supply complete nutritional support. Barley juice powder bolsters good health by providing:
• Antioxidant enzymes: particularly, superoxide dismutase (SOD) and nitrogen reductase
• Antioxidant bioflavonoids: a number of C-glycosylflavones, including saponarin and lutonarin
• Eight essential amino acids, making it an extremely rich source of protein, with 15 times more protein than milk
• Minerals: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and copper
• Vitamins: beta-Carotene, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, pantothenic acid, lutein and folic acid
With so many nutrients, barley juice powder offers extensive health benefits. These are just five of many.
1. Fills Nutrition GapsBarley grass is so packed with nutrients that consumers can rely on it to fill any gaps in their diets. Vegetarians and vegans, especially, may find it difficult to get all the nutrition they need by eating only plant-based foods. Because barley grass is nutritionally complete, it's an excellent dietary supplement.
2. Helps Control Cholesterol LevelsWhile the fiber in barley grass is the star in cholesterol control, barley grass juice contains phytochemicals such as flavonoids and folate, which also have a positive effect on cholesterol. Preliminary animal and clinical data show that these phytochemicals assist in lowering total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol levels while increasing HDL cholesterol levels.
3. Assists With Managing Chronic Disease SymptomsLoaded with bioactive compounds like superoxide dismutase and bioflavonoids, barley grass scavenges free radicals in the body. This may play a role in reducing inflammation in chronic diseases such as rheumatoid synovitis, arthritis and gout.
4. Beneficial for Bone HealthWith 11 times more calcium than milk, barley grass juice is an excellent source of this mineral, especially for people who don't eat dairy products. Its store of manganese also improves normal bone production.
5. Inhibits Cancer Tumor GrowthThe high levels of antioxidants and chlorophyll in barley grass may protect against carcinogens. A particularly interesting study shows that barley grass extract inhibits breast and prostate tumor growth. While this was a lab finding, the results support other lab research that suggests barley grass has cancer-fighting properties.