Union, University & Schools Club Of Sydney
Local Clubs - Sydney, NSW
The Union, University & Schools Club of Sydney is located at Sydney and includes culinary, cultural and sporting activities.
The Union, University & Schools Club is proud of its 159-year inheritance. It is the third oldest club of its kind in Australia and is the only senior club in Sydney with mixed male and female membership. We still provide that agreeable oasis within the city that James Macarthur sought to create back in 1857. A Club ethos characterised by members’ enjoyment of culinary, cultural and sporting activities. Our past is memorable but our future is even brighter.
· Fine dining in several informal and formal settings (with facilities for both intimate and large private functions)
· An active program of current affairs, literary and special interest events
· Excellent accommodation for city and country members, their guests and members of reciprocal clubs
· A remarkable collection of art, furniture and antiques acquired over a century and more
· Reciprocal arrangements with over 100 leading clubs in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Europe, the Americas and Africa
· A wine cellar of repute
· A distinctive library, once enjoyed by Robert Louis Stevenson
· In-house recreational activities such as billiards, squash and swimming. The club hosts informal golf, chess and card groups and has access arrangements with a leading ski lodge on the NSW snow fields
· A private Club Health Club with a full range of gymnasium and exercise equipment and trained staff to assist
· A discreet business centre within the club for the convenience of members and visitors
For enquiries and reservations, contact The Union, University & Schools Club today.