Charities - Redfern, NSW
Redkite based in Redfern is an Australian cancer charity providing essential support to children and young people with cancer, and the family and support network who care for them.
Redkite provides essential financial, emotional and education support available throughout the entire cancer journey, from the moment of diagnosis in the hospital, throughout treatment and on the return home.
Every child and young person’s experience of cancer is unique. To give a child or young person the best chance of managing the cancer journey positively, the whole family and each individual need to be supported to manage their unique cancer experience. By alleviating the financial and emotional stress and enabling children, young people, their families and their support networks to develop their strengths and skills, Redkite assists the whole family to achieve that positive end.
You are not alone with cancer. We will listen, respect and respond to you and your family with essential support from hospital to home.
Our support services:
• Financial assistance to cover essential costs
• Information, counselling and group support
• Support to keep education and career goals on track
• Support through grief and loss
• Diagnosis support packs for children and young adults
• Support in hospital through social workers and music therapists
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to call Redkite today!