Lidcombe Bowling Club Ltd
Bowling Clubs - Lidcombe, NSW
Lidcombe Bowling Club Ltd is located at Lidcombe and cater funerals, christenings, birthdays (no 18th and 21st birthdays), engagements, office parties for up to 110 people.
It was in June 1936, as the economic conditions were starting to recover that a public meeting was called in the Lidcombe Town Hall and a committee was formed comprising the Hon. JT Lang MLA., the Hon. JH Gander, MHR., the Hon. SA Lloyd, MLA., CW Phillips, J Cronin, GL Gamble, AR McVicar, MT Guildfoyle, GN Shirt, F Wilson, EA Wyatt and J. Littlejohn.
These men gave their time and effort to form the Lidcombe Bowling club. The original green consisting of 6 rinks was built mainly by relief workers, and materials and filling was carted in drays provided by CW Phillips. Total cost was £1348.6.1. CW Phillips was elected Foundation President. An old Army hut was erected adjacent to the eastern end of the Lidcombe RSL Club. This served as a Clubhouse for the following seventeen years when the basic structure of the Clubhouse as we know it today was opened by Mr. W Carson, President of the Royal NSW Bowling Association in 1953.
Lidcombe Bowling Club Ltd provides kitchen for self catering. We can supply finger food – party pies, sausage rolls, sandwiches, cake etc for daytime functions, Barbecue facilities available Or we can put you in touch with outside caterers who can provide a full spit roast meal. We try to be flexible if numbers increase or decrease