Ambinik Kakadu Resort
Hostels and Backpackers - Jabiru, NT
Value Accommodation in Kakadu…. formerly Lakeview Park Kakadu
The Djabulukgu Association Incorporated acquired the property at 27 Lakeside Drive, Jabiru from the mining company Energy Resources of Australia Limited (ERA) in 1996.
The property was originally established by ERA in the late 1970’s to house contractors undertaking work at the nearby Ranger uranium mine. It comprised a caretaker’s residence, 25 duplex ablution block, 3 laundry blocks, internal bitumen road network and substantial electrical, water & sewerage infrastructure.
In 1997 the property was re-developed in to a self contained tourist accommodation complex with the construction 17 bush bungalows, 12 two bedroom cabins and 18 double/twin rooms. The accommodation was built in a contemporary theme designed by Troppo Architects of Darwin.
Nourlangie-Rock-ArtFrom 1997 to 2002 the re-developed property was used to alleviate a shortage of employee accommodation in Jabiru. DAI leased all of its accommodation stock to local businesses & organisations for use as accommodation by their employees.
In 2003 the majority of these leases were terminated and the business re-positioned itself as a tourist accommodation facility.
In 2013 further development took place with the construction of 14 new air conditioned suites, a guest swimming pool, new office complete with new entrance and road frontage on Jabiru Drive. A restaurant and conference facilities has also been built to compliment the new additions. All of which should be open for guest use by mid 2016.
Accommodation at Anbinik Kakadu Resort
• Self Contained Cabins (2 Bedrooms)
• Anbinik Suite – Queen bed
• Six Packs (6 Rooms In The One Building – Double or Twin)
• Bush Bungalows – Experience this upmarket camping experience when you stay with us in Kakadu!
• Powered EnSuite Sites
The facilities include:
• Guest Pool – open between 7am & 10pm daily
• Guest Laundries – open 24 hours
• Tour Desk – between the office hours of 7am -7pm April to November
• Extensive lush tropical gardens and shady lawn areas
• Off-street parking for your car and boat (regardless of size)
• Gas BBQ areas with tables and umbrellas
• 5 mins walk to restaurants & bakery
• 10 minutes walk to supermarket