A.P. Eagers Limited
Car Dealers - Fortitude Valley, QLD
A.P. Eagers is Australia's oldest listed automotive retail group.
A.P. Eagers Limited is a pure automotive retail group with our main operations in south-east Queensland, Adelaide, Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney and the Newcastle/Hunter Valley region of New South Wales.
We represent a diversified portfolio of automotive brands, including all 12 of the top 12 selling car brands in Australia and 8 of the top 9 selling luxury car brands. In total, we represent 27 car brands and 11 truck and bus brands.
Our core business consists of the ownership and operation of motor vehicle dealerships. We provide full facilities including the sale of new and used vehicles, service, parts and the facilitation of allied consumer finance. To complement our vehicle dealerships, we also operate a substantial motor vehicle auction business, Brisbane Motor Auctions.
Our operations are generally provided through strategically clustered dealerships, 65% of which are situated on properties owned by us, with the balance leased.
We own $278 million of prime real estate positioned in high profile, main road locations in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Newcastle and Darwin.
With 3,500 employees and 4,700 shareholders, our sales revenue is running at $3.0 billion per annum.
Dividends and EPS Growth
We have paid a record dividend to shareholders in 11 of the past 12 years and have paid a dividend every year since listing in 1957. A.P. Eagers also has a track record of delivering Earnings Per Share (EPS) growth from acquisitions. Further information about our acquisition growth can be viewed on our Timeline.
Our origins trace back to 1913 when Edward Eager and his son, Frederic, founded their family automotive business, E.G. Eager & Son Ltd, which continues today as a wholly-owned subsidiary of A.P. Eagers Limited.
After establishing the first motor vehicle assembly plant in Queensland in 1922, the business secured the distributorship of General Motors’ products in Queensland and northern New South Wales in 1930 and listed as a public company in 1957 under the name Eagers Holdings Limited.
A merger in 1992 with the listed A.P. Group Limited saw the addition of a number of new franchises and our name change to A.P. Eagers Limited. Further new franchises and geographic diversification have since followed.