What You Need to Know About Pest Control
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
How do you solve a problem like pests?
One way is to call an exterminator, a service that has the credentials and the experience to deal with the specific kind of pest in your home. Another way is to make sure your property is protected against potential infestation. A third option is to use the first one in conjunction with the second option — these options combined can save your property from any and all types of pest infestation.
Here's a breakdown of how your pest control efforts will become effective.
Find the right pest control company now, before you ever need one.
When your home has mice or termites or any kind of insect, you need immediate help. Letting such pests invade your space for a few days isn’t just going to cause anxiety but may also lead to health risks. At the same time, you don’t want to hurry through the process of getting the right pest control company.
To avoid getting caught unprepared, find a pest control service now before you ever need one. This should give you sufficient time to vet the company and feel secure with the service.
Don't grant access to your home.
You need to make it harder, if not impossible, for pests to enter your property. This means doing the following things:
· Seal cracks and holes, as well as entry points for pipes and utilities.
· Replace weather-stripping around windows, and take care of loose mortar around the basement foundation.
· Keep rubbish in sealed bins and take it out every night.
· Keep tree branches away from your home.
· If you're using firewood, keep it 20 feet away from your home and off the ground by 5 inches.
· Never leave pet food outside.
Keep your home spotless.
Lack of home maintenance, for the most part, allows cockroaches, bugs, and mice to crawl in and establish a “home” in your space. Keeping it clean and performing the usual checks prevent infestation more than you think. Never build clutter. Keep basements dry and fix any leaky faucets.
Get insect-repelling plants and put them all around the perimeter of your home.
Some insect-repelling plants include citronella, rosemary, and marigolds.
Try home concoctions for chemical-free pest control. These includes:
· Using beer in saucers, near entry points, to repel cockroaches
· Sprinkling coffee grounds around windows and doors to keep ants away
· Spraying equal parts vinegar and water on openings and coat racks to repel spiders
Pests don’t just happen or arrive without some form of invitation. Make sure your home isn’t “welcoming” to any pests by trying the above-mentioned tips, and should it happen, you’ll at least know extermination is simply one call away.
Call in the top pest control services in Australia today.