Tips to Avail Home Loans
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
Thanks to inflation, the prices of plots and houses have further increased in the recent past. Considering this, over the last decade, the demand for home loans has gone up. When you want to buy your dream house and when you are not able to arrange the required money, loans from banks or any authorised financial services company will do the trick for you. Around 90 percent of the property value can be borrowed through a home loan.
It is natural for the loan applicants to avail loans that have low-interest rates and easy repayment options. The rate of interest and repayment options depends on the type of loan that you avail. Fixed rate and fluctuating rate loans are two of the most popular kinds of housing loans. No matter which types of loans are available in the market, it is imperative to get the basics right before you make your choice. You can also hire a reliable mortgage broker that can assist you in getting the best home loan you need.
Here are some of the useful tips to avail home loans:
• Research - Researching in advance about all available types of loans will resolve most of your doubts. Find out the types of home loans that the banks and other authorised financial institutions offer. Research about the rate of interest, a period of loan and repayment options.
• Healthy credit reports - Maintain clean and clear credit reports in order to avoid any problems in approval of the loan application. Research about loans that can be taken if you have a negative credit situation or if you are already in debt.
• Smartly deal with introductory loans - Many lenders offer introductory rates to the first time loan borrowers by hiding all other charges. Initially, the loans are offered at low rates and later all other charges are disclosed. Identifying and understanding the exact cost of availing a house loan will keep you away from such fake promises of cheap loans.
• Pay more - While paying your regular EMIs, it's a good idea to once in a while pay off more than the EMI so that the principal and the interest component of your loan come down.
• Consolidate - Generally people avail home loans even if they have other outstanding loans under their belt. Invest in a consolidated house loan that will not only let you buy your dream house but also clear other outstanding personal loans and pending credit card bills, as this will help you streamline your finances.
• Spend less - Spending money only on the absolute necessities will ensure that you save more. With this, you can not only save money but also pay the loan EMIs regularly, without getting into any further debts.
• Avail portable loans - You never know when you might have to relocate. It is a smart decision to invest in a portable loan, which can be easily transferred to another property, in a case of relocation.
All different schemes have different features but one purpose. Always avail house loans from authorised financial institutions or banks. With this, you can study various types of schemes, stay away from hidden charges, get the application approved in time and receive professional services.
Looking for a reliable mortgage broker that can help you with home loans? Consult Lendium today!