The Top 4 Home Improvements That Can Increase the Value of Your Home
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
If you plan on putting your home on the market in the future, then you need to begin thinking about ways you can help it gain additional value so that you can attract more potential buyers and sell the property for a good price.
A house that's clean and kept in great shape, with minimal repairs and renovations required, will always draw more interested buyers — so you need to get to work making your house not just aesthetically pleasing, but fully functional as well.
Here are the top 4 home improvements that can increase the value of your home:
Get to work on your landscaping.
A tidy and green outdoor environment is always an attractive feature for houses. To increase your home's appeal as well as its value, you can make the following improvements:
· Lay down new lawn
· Don't go crazy with the number of different plant species you introduce to the space, but be mindful of how a little variety can look more interesting to buyers' too.
· Define the edges of the lawn so it can exhibit a well-maintained and restrained appearance that doesn't require much work to care for.
· Prune and tidy up trees and plants.
· Add yard lighting that creates a dramatic nighttime effect.
Get fixing for a functional kitchen.
One of the items high up on a potential home buyer's list of must-haves is a kitchen in excellent working condition. It's a communal space that has to enable homeowners to get right on their meal preparation tasks. Invest in a kitchen renovation because if a kitchen in a house for sale still needs a lot of work before it can be used, people can be considerably turned off.
So you'll want to invest in incorporating sufficient bench-tops and cupboards as well as good taps. There's no real need to put in marble or granite bench-tops or get all appliances in matching stainless steel; you may want to make the kitchen look modern and sleek, but buyers can interpret this to mean higher costs. Generally, just be sure that all appliances are in great working condition and that all kitchen spaces are clean, traffic and movement flows well, and that a family can comfortably work and bond here.
Build a better bathroom.
Similarly, bathrooms involve essential personal hygiene provisions, so home buyers will have strict criteria regarding this important space in the house. When planning a bathroom renovation, keep the necessities in mind: new tiles and grout, ample storage space, a sink that suits all users, a great shower and toilet, a clean exhaust fan, and new light fixtures (or more eco-friendly ones).
Refresh the interiors.
Lastly, you'll want the whole interior space to appear to your potential buyer as space that they can easily visualise themselves living in. You can accomplish this by giving it a good, thorough cleaning and letting space introduce itself by removing all your personal decor and any signs of clutter. Here are the best interior design improvements to make:
· Give the walls a fresh coat of paint in neutral or muted colours.
· Use a strong paint colour for your entrance for better impact.
· Give your flooring an update with a good, clean carpet or new floorboards.
· Change up the light switches.
· Scrub and clean windows and put in new window treatments
Find out more high-impact ways to increase the value of your home. Get help from the top renovation professionals.
10 Winterton Road, Clayton VIC 3168