Ten Easy Steps To Keep Your Skin Healthy
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
People often fall into a stereotype that the more expensive a product is, the more effective it will be. Still, that is not always the case. People need to shop smart, since there are some very effective and affordable products in the local stores. Every human has different level of tolerance for aging. Follow these tips to enhance the effectiveness of your daily dermatology products.
1. Wear sunscreen every day. Sun rays can accelerate the signs of aging. Use a sunscreen or facial moisturizer that offers broad-spectrum protection and has an SPF of at least 30. Be sure to apply sunscreen to all parts of your skin that is not covered by clothing.
2. Do not tan. Getting a tan from the sun or a tanning bed exposes you to harmful UV rays that can accelerate aging, wrinkles, age spots, a blotchy complexion, even skin cancer.
3. Moisturize your skin. Moisturizers keep water in the skin, which can help reduce the appearance of some fine lines and make your complexion look brighter and younger.
4. Test the products before deciding to purchase. Even for products labelled with “hypoallergenic”, there is a chance for sensitive skins to get allergic. To test, dab a small amount of the product on your inner forearm twice in a day for four to five days. If you do not have reaction, it is likely safe for you to apply to your face.
5. Use the product as directed. Active ingredients can do more harm than good when too much is used. Applying more than directed can cause any unwanted effects.
6. Stop using products that sting or burn, unless it was prescribed by your dermatologist earlier. Irritated skin makes signs of aging more noticeable.
7. Limit the number of dermatology products that you will use. Using too many products on your skin, especially more than one anti-aging product, tends to irritate your skin.
8. Sleep on your back. If you sleep on your side or on your stomach, your body weight and gravity can each etch lines into your face. A line between your nose and your mouth will become deeper over time. Moreover, you can develop a crease that does not naturally exist. However, falling asleep is hard enough without messing with our preferred positions. So how do you change your habit? Try a contoured pillow. It’s not good for snoring, but it’s good for the face.
9. Never pick a pimple. Leave it alone. You are not going to make it go away by picking it. Otherwise, you are going to damage the skin. Pimple is genetics, sometimes it is caused by hormones or stress. For women, treat it with your medications a week before your period and it probably won’t happen. The point is not to wait until you see the first pimple to start. Your goal is to prevent it before it appeared.
10. It is very important for you to allow the product to work for some time. While a moisturizer can immediately plump up fine lines, most products take at least six weeks to work and sometimes it can take three months. See a dermatologist if after following these tips you do not see the expected results.