Nail Art Hacks That Make Your DIY Manicure Look Pro
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
Polished nails look good, but they can look far better with nail art. Think nail art is complicated? Not anymore with these nail art hacks.
1. Line your nails with petroleum jelly or white craft glue before painting them for easy cleanup.
2. To prevent the tips of your painted nails from chipping, paint two basecoat layers: one on the top half of your nail and the second coat over the entire nail.
3. Use a white nail polish as your basecoat to make your nail colour pop.
4. Paint your nail art designs on a plastic sandwich bag first, peel them off and seal them on your nails with nail art glue or a clear topcoat for easy application.
5. Use the tip of a lip pencil or an eyeliner to put tiny nail art accessories.
6. Create a French manicure by looping a rubber band around your fingertip.
7. Mix eyeshadow pigment with clear polish to make a custom nail shade.
8. Create a marbled effect by using drops of swirled nail polish and a cup of water.
9. Make your nail polish dry faster by soaking your nails in ice water after painting them.
10. Spray nonstick cooking spray on your nails to help the polish dry faster.
11. Fix a smudged nail by adjusting the polish with the tip of your tongue instead of your finger.
12. Remove stubborn nail polish by soaking cotton pads in nail polish remover, wrapping them around your nails and securing them with foil.
13. Paint white craft glue as a basecoat before painting coats of glitter polish for easy removal.
14. Use tape to get a double stripe on your nails.
15. Use an old small makeup brush to apply glitter on your nails for an ombre look.
16. Stick an adhesive bandage on fully dry nails to make tiny polka dots. Use the tip of a bobby pin to apply larger polka dots.
17. Use a regular old gel pen to draw intricate designs.
18. Get a turquoise-and-gold stone look using a plastic bag.
19. Use a toothpick to dot blobs of nail polish into desired shapes.
20. Use a fan brush to create a striped effect.
See? You just need to use what you have at home to create the nail art designs you want. For help from the professionals, visit one of these top nail salons in Australia.