Lighten Dark Underarms With These Home Remedies
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
Worry no more about dark underarms. Try these home remedies for a lighter underarm skin.
Apply a natural bleaching agent.
- Potato: Slice a potato thinly and rub a slice on the dark area. You can grate some of the potato to get the extract. Apply the extract to your underarms, and let it dry for 10 minutes and rinse.
- Cucumber: Rub cucumber slices on the affected area or grate some of the cucumber and use the extract. Let it dry for 10 minutes and rinse.
- Lemon: Rub a thick slice of lemon on the dark area. Follow-up by washing and, if needed, apply a moisturiser. (With continued use, lemons can dry out the skin, so apply a natural moisturiser such as aloe vera and lecithin twice a day.)
- Egg oil: Gently massage egg oil on the dark area and leave it on overnight. Wash in the morning with a pH-balanced soap or body wash.
Consider using a liquid treatment.
- Milk: It has vitamins and fatty acids that are effective for lightening dark skin. Create a paste of 2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon curd and 1 tablespoon flour. Apply to the skin, wait for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water. You can get even better results with full fat milk cream.
- Vinegar: Mix vinegar with rice flour to form a paste. Take a hot shower and then apply the paste to the underarms, let it dry for 10-15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Coconut oil: It's a natural deodorant and has vitamin E that can help lighten dark skin over time. For best results, use it daily or every other day. Before bathing, massage the oil into the dark skin for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with a mild soap and lukewarm water.
Exfoliating can reduce the dark appearance of the skin, as dark underarms may be caused by dead skin cells that have accumulated there.
- Sugar: Mix a cup of brown sugar with 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Apply to wet skin for a minute or two while bathing and rinse. Try using the mixture twice a week.
- Baking soda: Make a thick baking soda-and-water paste to use as a scrub. After scrubbing, rinsing and drying the area, apply a dusting of baking powder to the skin to give it a lighter appearance.
- Orange: Peel an orange and put the peels out in the sun to dry. Grind the peels to form a powder and make a paste by adding rose water and milk. Scrub your underarms with the paste for 10-15 minutes to remove dead skin cells and then rinse with cold water.
- Pumice stone: Gently remove dead skin cells from under your arms with the use of a pumice stone, which is sold in drug stores and beauty supply stores. Wet the stone thoroughly and gently scrub the underarm area.
For your entire physical well-being, visit the nearest health and beauty centre from your place.