How to Shop Online and Save Money
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
The online marketplace has made shopping easier, more convenient and more fun for consumers today. However, your time and money should be used intelligently when online shopping. By resisting those impulses to buy whatever we see in the Internet, we can save ourselves lots of money.
Shopping online is fast and convenient and leads to the discovery of new products and even services. Just like spending in retail stores, you must to be a keen consumer. Below are some tips:
1. Compare prices of your chosen product in different online stores. Also, compare your product’s price online versus prices at department stores, sales, warehouse clubs, etc.
2. Decline to pay the regular price. Be updated with weekly sales and promos. Wait for the best possible sale and do not be in a hurry to buy items if you do not really need them.
3. Restrain yourself from impulse spending in stores, online, and TV home shopping networks that can bait you to buying their product. When you are shopping, obligate yourself to purchasing what is on your list. Always pay attention to the things that you only need, and place the things you want on pause for the moment. Be careful of shopping when you are stressed, or not in good mood for whatever reason because you can be tempted to buy items you do not essentially need.
4. Know your buyers’ rights. For example, under the law, the company must transport your order within the time specified in your agreement. If no time is sworn to, the company must transport your item within 30 days. If they were unable to ship within the stated time, they need to notify you and give you the choice to cancel the item with refund.
5. Before buying online, read through the refund and return policy. Dealers are not obliged to receive articles for refund or credit, unless the item is faulty or were distorted. However, some companies have good policies on return and refund. It is important also to review warranties and look for info about the terms and conditions.
Lastly, be sure to have a copy of the confirmation notice and also save the email exchanges with the dealer. Take note of their promises especially the delivery date and time. Always trace or know the status of your purchases and if you don't have them by the promised date, then communicate with the company. Always think that you are shopping online to save money.