How to Repair a Blocked Drain
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
Having a blocked drain can frustrate you. More importantly, it can also make your house unhealthy and a health hazard. You can consult a trusted plumbing company that can help you repair the blocked drains, blocked toilets or other plumbing problems in your house or you can just do it on your own.
Here are some ways to overcome this:
A. Most Clogged Waterways
To relaunch the bathroom drains are partially clogged, you can use caustic soda. Caustic soda is used because it is alkaline and capable of destroying waste in a waterway. Don’t forget to select a particular caustic soda to clean drains, not to clean the paint (can be seen in the packaging / ask the seller).
The steps use is as follows:
1. Prepare caustic soda to taste. Caustic soda can you buy in the store building, liquid or powder with different prices according to packaging.
2. Use a mask and plastic gloves (can use crackle) to avoid undesirable effects when skin is exposed to caustic soda
3. Enter caustic soda in a bucket of dry
4. Enter the hot water to taste. It is useful to speed up the process of caustic soda dissolution of the powder.
5. Then toss in caustic soda powder mixed with hot water
6. Pour this liquid into a pit of water pipeline
7. Usually, it will sound like a rumble
8. Don’t use water channel in order for caustic soda can work more optimally
9. For the record, should the above steps are done at night when the drains are not used. Add vinegar to the channel to create a strong enough incentive effect. If this method can not help, try every day to flush the drain with a large bucket of water at a time to push the dirt out slowly.
B. Full Clogged Waterways
For full Clogged drains where water can’t seep at all, you should hire the services of suction wc / Plumber to clean. It could also dismantle return water pipes in your house and remove all the dirt that is in it. Usually, the dirt is gathered in curves and water pipeline connection.
If you're experiencing blocked drains, blocked toilets, leaking taps and other plumbing problems, consult a Top4 affiliated plumber today.