Flawless Skin in a Month
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
Almost invisible pores. Even tone. Clear and glowing complexion. These are the traits of what you call: flawless skin. The good news is that great skin is not impossible to achieve. Here is a 30-day routine that will get you the skin of your dreams:
● Use clean makeup brushes and sponges - Makeup brushes easily accumulate dirt and oils, and without regular cleaning can become a breeding ground for bacteria. Your brushes should be washed with warm water and cleaning solution after use. After cleaning they should be dried well before use or storage.
● Apply your sunscreen every morning - Prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays cause the skin to age faster, brings about reddening of the skin and sunburns, and may trigger serious skin conditions such as skin cancer. Religiously apply sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to protect the skin from the harmful effects of UV rays.
● Include nuts in your diet - Nuts contain anti-inflammatory properties which prevent inflammation and common skin breakouts. Research also shows that including nuts in your diet lowers the risk of developing cancer of the skin. Nuts contain important fatty acids and essential oils that repair and renew your skin. Some nuts which you can add to your diet are macadamia nuts, peanuts and cashew nuts.
● Disinfect your screen - Did you know your phone can cause your skin problems? You put your phone on a wide variety of public surfaces, allowing it to be exposed to all kinds of contaminants. Thus, having it in close contact with your skin exposes you to bacteria and viruses. So make sure to clean and disinfect your phone as frequently as possible.
● Use products with antioxidants - Antioxidants protect the skin from toxins. Applying products like Argan oil can help you achieve clearer and cleaner skin. Antioxidants also help boost the performance of your sunscreen.
● Exfoliate with the right product - Exfoliating keeps pores healthy, as it gets rid of oils, dead cells and dirt. Make sure to use a gentle solution so exfoliation doesn’t strip your skin of moisture.
● Eliminate dairy products in your diet - Dairy products contain hormones that make your oil gland hyperactive. Excess oils in the skin result in the development or further aggravation of acne.
● Protect with retinol - Retinol rejuvenates the skin and has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes the skin firmer and free of wrinkles and acne. The result is a more youthful look.
● Eat red grapes - Red grapes contain powerful antioxidants which prevent the formation of wrinkles and skin sagging.
● Wash off your makeup before sleeping - Leaving makeup on your skin overnight clogs the pores, leading to rashes and irritation.
● Avoid long hot showers - Long hot showers rob the skin of its essential oils. If hot showers can’t be avoided, apply moisturising product while skin is still wet or moist from the shower.
● Always moisturise - Vigilant use of moisturiser helps avoid dry skin which is the cause of all the problems.
● Drink more than two liters of water a day - Toxins cause acne and skin irritation. Drinking water is an effective way to eliminate toxins from your body.
● Avoid fried food - Eating too much fried and oily food can cause premature aging of the skin due to the high fat content. Choose food with healthy fats like fish instead.
● Avoid touching your face - Touching your face transfers bacteria and contaminants from your hands. Wash your hands regularly.
● Add more leafy greens in your diet - Green leafy vegetables contain antioxidants, which are good at defending your skin from free radicals that cause the skin to age faster.
● Don’t forget the broccoli - Add raw broccoli to your smoothie to boost your drink’s for vitamin C content. Vitamin C helps keep the skin firm and holds off wrinkle formation.
Achieve your dream skin with the help of Australia’s leading health & beauty experts today.