9 Tips on How to Save Up on Make Up and Skin Care Products
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
Taking care of yourself is crucial, but no one ever said it was cheap. Don't let a price tag deter you from using great products — there's almost always a way around it. Here are nine ways to keep you on your budget when shopping for beauty products:
1. Always look for a coupon code, browse for some coupons/promo codes online before submitting your order.
2. Be on the lookout for flash sales. These are often announced social media, so make sure you follow the ones you really love. Online shops also hold these regularly, so make sure to check their site every once in a while or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
3. Sign up for mailing list to get some great insiders-only discount codes and flash sales.
4. Ask for a sample when you're shopping in-person. This would benefit you when there's something you're interested in, but aren’t ready to buy.
5. Joining a rewards program will help you earn points that you can later on exchange for a prize, member discount, or cashback. And the best thing about it is you’re going to buy these products anyway.
6. Look for sets or 'gift boxes' that include complimentary products. Even though the price tag will be slightly pricier, there's often a discount built into bundles.
7. Opt for a subscription box that will introduce you to amazing new make up or skin care products. The price is usually lower than the retail price and often includes free samples.
8. Beauty bloggers (or lifestyle bloggers in general) sometimes offer special discount codes and giveaways through their blogs. Follow their blogs/social media accounts for updates.
9. You can always go natural and create your own beauty products—you’ll be surprised at how easy it is. Here’s one:
Oatmeal and honey exfoliating facial scrub
This breakfast staple isn’t only good for your diet, it’s also great for your skin. Here’s how to make it:
Finely ground oatmeal
Mix all the ingredients until you have your desired texture. It needs to be sticky enough to stay on your skin and not slide off. Apply some on your face and neck and massage gently for a few minutes. Rinse. Your skin will feel instantly refreshed and tight.
There is no reason to spend a fortune to keep that youthful glow. With the tips above, a balanced diet, and regular exercise, you’ll start seeing great results in a matter of weeks.