Stegbar Launces New Rapid Installation Aluminium Pivot Door
Stegbar developed the Statesman Aluminium Pivot Door (APD) after identifying a strong consumer demand for aluminium entry doors with modern aesthetics. Marketing director Scott Kelly explains that the Statesman APD can be exactly colour-matched by anodising or powder-coating to suit the home's exterior.
New product development manager David Hills observes that Statesman's simple design translates to an equally straightforward installation method. The door is simply lifted into the frame and the pins aligned into the connectors before screwing them in place. The pins can be adjusted for vertical and lateral movement as required. It can also be adjusted on-the-fly while it's in the door frame.
- Can be installed in less than half the time of a comparable timber pivot door
- Combines a lightweight design with a unique pivot hardware system, enabling the door to be rapidly hung and adjusted
- Features a contemporary appearance with clean, sleek lines
- Delivers several advantages including extremely low maintenance requirement; thermal sealing and fly screening available as customisation options; quick installation saving time and labour for builders; competitive pricing for an aluminium entry door; entire 60kg weight vertically supported by heavy-duty steel pins, unlike traditional hinged doors; steel pins successfully torture-tested for over 100,000 cycles using a 100kg door; and on-the-fly adjustment to fit door frames
- Comes complete with easy-to-follow installation instructions that can be intuitively understood by any carpenter (Stegbar can also assist with technical advice or perform the installation via its Stegbar Installation Service.)
- Designed so that the door's weight load is held vertically and doesn't place undue outward pressure on the door frame
- Statesman's unique pivot system allows the door to be continuously sealed, offering another advantage over traditional pivot doors and ensuring that the Statesman achieves a wind and water rating to N3. Stegbar can supply fly screens to perfectly match the door.
- A self-drainable sill is fitted to the Statesman's base to prevent rain from entering the home through the bottom of the door. While about 90% of rainwater is stopped by the seal on the door's sill, the remaining water falls through a specially designed internal gap and drains back out. This one-way valve prevents the elements from blowing any water back in.
- Entirely designed and manufactured in Australia
JELD-WEN Windows and Doors offers a range of products that will help you to Transform the ...