Home Renovation Handy Tips
The key to a successful renovation – be it an entire house, a room or a backyard – is research and planning. Long before you visit your local Amber store, you need to decide your budget and the look and feel you are trying to create.
Most of us – unless we are interior designers – are short of ideas so research is essential. Months before you actually start work, you need to check out magazines, online articles, television programs – whatever gives you inspiration – and decide on a theme.
Do you want the indoors and outdoors to merge? Where does your family spend the most time? What colour palette do you like? Is it a high-traffic area? What about lighting? Do you want to create a feature wall? Do you like natural stone or tiles? What format and size do you prefer?
There is a trend in Europe for very large format tiles that open up a space and create an illusion of seamlessness – a bonus for small rooms. The same colour palette for indoors and outdoors – even in different finishes – allows a transition for entertaining without room borders. Are you thinking, this all seems a bit overwhelming? Take note of these five handy tips:
- Make a scrap book – simply note down everything you like, measure up all your rooms and armed with that information, visit your local Amber store.
- Explore all options - be prepared to spend an hour or so with our helpful staff, take a notebook and pen and talk through all your options and prices.
- Budget – now you know what is on offer, you can add it into your budget and find out realistically what type of coverings you can afford.
- Less is more - Remember that the clever use of a feature – it might be a strip of coloured mosaics in a bathroom or kitchen or a contrasting paver in your outdoor area – can bring to life a contemporary look and feel without breaking the bank.
- Luxury for less - if you find your choices has exceeded your budget, re-visit your choice at your local store...Amber has products to suit all tastes and budgets.
With 40 years experience, Amber Tiles provides the latest styles from Australia and ...