Choosing a Tax Accountant
As an Australian taxpayer, you can derive a lot of benefits from having a good tax accountant in Sydney. Here are some tips for getting prime tax experts to help you get in order your individual tax return.
Of course, as with any undertaking, you need to be clear on why you want to hire a tax accountant in Sydney in the first place. Browsing online, you'll come across many websites presenting Sydney accountants and tax agents. There are several situations that can justify the need to have a professional CPA public practice on board:
• You are having difficulty filing your own individual tax return.
• You want to ensure accuracy in filing the important forms and paying fees, if necessary.
• You have a complex tax situation.
• You need someone to give you financial reporting/compilation services, particularly on how to pay the minimum possible amount of tax.
• You have one or more tax problems. This includes being behind in filing tax returns, owing tax to the government or contesting an audit, among the range of accounting services
• You want to protect your business or investments, such as acquisition and sales or financial and leasing.
What you want is someone like a tax accountant in Sydney-experienced with tax law and who is qualified to handle particular areas that you may need help in dealing with. Here are some tips:
• Ask for referrals. You may have family, relatives, friends, co-workers and other contacts who can recommend a tax accountant in Sydney to you. It also helps if the person making the referral has the same tax concerns as you.
• Do not trust agents or CPA accountants who say that everything can be deducted or that they can deliver big tax refunds every time.
• There is nothing wrong in changing Sydney accountants and tax agents if you are not satisfied with the service you are getting.
• If you have a straightforward, uncomplicated tax return, you can approach any retail accounting company to help you prepare and file it. The price usually depends on the number of tax forms to be accomplished and the seniority of the tax accountant in Sydney.
• You have the option of going to a tax management consulting firm or to independent Sydney accountants and agents. Either way, the tax accountant in Sydney should have the expertise you need to handle your taxes.
• Get only certified and licensed tax agents and CPA accountants. Keep in mind that there is a range of accounting expertise. Some CPAs handle audits, while others are more into business consulting. You need a tax accountant in Sydney, so get a CPA who specialises in tax matters.
In your search for the right tax accountant in Sydney, you will be dealing with prime tax experts with different backgrounds and attitudes about taxation. What you want is a competent public accountant with the experience and knowledge in the areas that you need assistance with, someone who can work with you in reducing your taxes.
If you need assistance with your tax, contact David Lo at Gala Tax Accounting today!
David Lo is a recognised provider of accounting, tax planning and advisory services to all ...