Restaurants - South Brisbane, QLD
Muooz is an African not for profit social enterprise and restaurant, located in the heart of culturally diverse West End.
“Mu’ooz”, means “tasty and healthy” in Tigrinya, the language of Eritrea and parts of Ethiopia. We offer exclusive North-East African cuisine using local and imported African ingredients while providing exceptional quality service. With the hosting capacity of 70 seats we can accommodate large events on request. We are a Brisbane based not for profit social enterprise, set-up in 2003 by the "Eritrean Australian Women & Family Support Network Inc. Our aim is to give work experience, training and employment opportunities to African refugees. Helping to break down the cross-cultural barriers.
Achievements to date:
* Over 96 refugee women have received work experience, training and employment in the last 7 years (97% are still in employment)
* Finalist in the 2011 "Awards for Excellence" QLD Restaurant of the Year, Restaurant & Catering
* Deductible Gift Recipient Status granted by the Australian Taxation Office, July 2011.
* Supporting the development of other African social enterprises in Queensland and interstate.
* Introduced in 'Queensland Good Food Guide 2013'
* Fundraising over $13,000 for the Victorian Bush fire Appeal, Queensland Floods, East African Drought and Breast Cancer