The Ginger Factory
Tourism - Yandina, QLD
The Ginger Factory located at Yandina offering one of the Sunshine Coast's largest and most popular attractions - find ou why millions of visitors keep coming back to the Ginger Factory.
The Ginger Factory
The Ginger Factory has been around for 40 years and is still going strong. Occupying a nine-hectare site at Yandina, on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland, it is the world's largest operating ginger factory within a themed tourist attraction that promotes ginger and associated products. Key elements of our tourist operations are:
• Moreton the Ginger Train, an 115-year old cane train which still runs tours
• Our popular Overboard Boat Ride which is a meandering water adventure ride for the entire family
• The Super Bee Tour concluding with a taste of some sensational varieties of honey
• The Factory Tour where you can discover how fresh ginger makes it from the factory to places all around the world.
There is also many other tourist-related offerings such as a newly renovated Ginger Cafe, undercover Children's Playground, retail shopping within Ginger Town, and our Ice Creamery that serves freshly churned ice cream.
The Ginger Factory is a multi-award winning tourism venue acclaimed for:
• The Overboard animated puppetry attraction featuring over 200 handmade moving puppets
• Outstanding subtropical ornamental ginger and heliconia themed gardens
• Host of the magnificent annual Ginger Flower & Food Festival
• A recipient of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award.
Home of Buderim Ginger, the World's Finest GingerTM, the iconic Ginger Factory offers fun rides and educational tours, a variety of great shopping facilities and a cafe surrounded by beautiful subtropical gardens.
The Ginger Factory truly is a taste of discovery!
The Ginger Factory has function venues set amongst nine acres of lush subtropical gardens which offer the perfect setting for your next Sunshine Coast function. There are outdoor garden pavilions for a small intimate get together, or for larger groups, our modern piazza is ideal.
The Ginger Factory is ideally located just off the Bruce Highway, with plenty of free car parking, and is the perfect group location for:
• Catered breakfast and morning teas
• Lunch and afternoon tea
• Dinner and cocktail parties