Tamworth Veterinary Hospital
Veterinary and Pet Services - Tamworth, NSW
Tamworth Veterinary Hospital located in Tamworth specialises in digital x-ray, ultrasound, advanced surgical procedures, large animal services, washing and grooming, pet care products and more.
Tamworth Veterinary Hospital was founded in 1964 by Dr. Doug Bryden, operating out of the current premises at the corner of Brisbane and Carthage Streets Tamworth. In 1974, a new clinic was purpose built adjacent to the house in response to growing demand for quality small animal care. Drs Greg Ireland and Stuart Keller purchased the practice in 1989, and in October of 1994, the house on the corner was fully renovated to the standard required for Class "A" Veterinary Hospital certification. Dr Greg Ireland is the current principal and owner.
The previous premises have been converted into a self-contained flat for a veterinary nurse or veterinary student to occupy during periods of work experience or veterinary internship, as well as an updated and separate cat and dog caging ward complete with reverse-cycle air-conditioning.
Tamworth Veterinary Hospital offers a comprehensive range of facilities and services including:
• Consultations for medical and surgical problems including orthopaedics
• Eye examinations
• Vaccination, Desexing and Microchipping
• Worming and heartworm prevention
• Flea control
• Dental examinations and treatment
• Artificial insemination and semen freezing for dogs
• X-rays (full digital imaging system), in-hospital tests, ultrasound, video endoscopy and electrocardiograms
• Sophisticated ortho-paedic equipment including video arthroscopy
vIntra-venous fluid therapy
• Hip and elbow score certification
• Pregnancy testing
• Behavioural problems
• Puppy Pre-School
• Large animal services