Swansea RSL Club
Local Clubs - Swansea, NSW
Swansea RSL Club situated alongside Swansea Channel is proud to offer modern facilities to its members & guests, as well as exceptional entertainment, dining, beverages & function rooms.
Welcome to Swansea RSL
Where the Ocean meets the Lake.
Located about 30km south of Newcastle and 130km north of Sydney, situated alongside Swansea Channel where Lake Macquarie joins the Pacific Ocean.
This ideal location gives Swansea RSL exquisite water views and is proud to offer modern facilities to its members & guests, as well as exceptional entertainment, dining, beverages & function rooms.
There’s weekly raffles, alfresco dining in the Chalmers St Brasserie and Swansea RSL Club is the home of entertainment.
The club was born from humble beginnings as an Army Hut in Chalmers St (in the current position), on the Swansea Channel for the Swansea RSL Sub-Branch around 1936.
The club was for Sub-Branch members only and then later opened to social members with the Committee and staff all voluntary workers. The first official Club Board was elected in 1947 with the first Secretary Manager appointed in 1974. The clubs development commenced around 1961 with a more modern brick building on one level situated in Chalmers St. This then followed in 1987 with a two story building with the famous “Hole in the Floor” feature with gaming upstairs and the main auditorium.
While our venue showcases the natural beauty and tranquillity of the surrounding area, inside our professional Chef and functions staff pride themselves in their ability to deliver quality food and service ensuring that your function is everything you dreamed it would be, and more. We offer a range of facilities in a relaxed atmosphere. With the flexibility to cater for a number of events, we have a selection of function spaces, menus, and beverage packages to suit your needs and requirements.
• Spectacular water views
• Three function rooms cater for intimate gatherings through to seating for up to 200 guests
• Our packages are flexible allowing you to design your own unique event tailored to your individual requirements.
• Professional decorators and disc jockey’s specialising in all kinds of function available
• Indoor and outside waterfront ceremonies
• Experienced Functions Manager to help you design and organise your event and give professional advice
• Wheelchair access, disable amenities, lift facilities, and plenty of car parking
• A range of banquet, buffet & cocktail menus available, catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner functions.