Stegbar and Regency Albury

Make an Enquiry
Stegbar and Regency Albury Banner
Stegbar and Regency Albury Logo
288 Townsend Street, SOUTH ALBURY NSW 2640

1 rating

107 Visits

Doors and Windows - South Albury, NSW

Stegbar Albury services the Albury area and surrounds. Supplying timber, aluminium and composite Siteline windows and doors as well as wardrobes, showerscreens, mirrors and splashbacks.

Stegbar was founded in 1946 by Brian Stegley and George Barrow in Melbourne Victoria, to manufacture clock cases and office furniture.

Timber window sales commenced in 1950 and the revolutionary "window-wall" manufacturing began in 1953. Continuing growth meant larger facilities at Springvale Victoria in 1957 and offices in New South Wales and Queensland. In 1958 Stegbar opened for business in the ACT and South Australia.

Aluminium windows were added in 1963 and Stegbar, which had by then grown to employ over 400 staff, was floated as a public company. In 1971 F&T Industries acquired Stegbar and was in turn acquired by ACI Australia Limited in 1981.

The early 1980s saw a period of significant expansion as built-in wardrobes and bi-fold doors were added to the product range while sales of aluminium windows were strengthened with the acquisition of Vision Australia Windows and Trimview Aluminium Windows.

In 1988 STEGBAR entered the showerscreen market with the acquisition of Showerite and Norfe.

The UK based Rugby Group, with worldwide joinery and glass operations, acquired STEGBAR in 1989, and in 1999 STEGBAR was acquired from Rugby by JELD-WEN, Inc.

Top4 - Made in Australia with Love
Stay In Touch