Southern Highlands Veterinary Centre
Veterinarians - Moss Vale, NSW
Southern Highlands Veterinary Centre located in Moss Vale specialises in small animal consultations, farm animals, ultrasound, surgical procedures, diagnostic imaging, dentistry and many more.
Southern Highlands Veterinary Centre was founded in the early 1950’s by Alan Chittick. At this time there were over 300 registered dairies in the area and cattle work formed the majority of the veterinary work. Bill Beresford commenced work with Alan in 1982 soon after graduating. Bill became a partner in the practice in 1988 and has continued until today.
Charlie Carter joined the practice in 2006 and became a partner in 2008. Today there are only 12 dairies left in the area so the small animal component of our practice has grown markedly. However, Beresford and Carter was still a truly mixed practice with half our cases consisting of large animal work with dairy and beef cattle, horses, alpacas, sheep and goats.
Chris joined the practice in January 2010 and became a partner in December 2011. As a result of Chris joining the clinic we outgrew our old business name of Beresford and Carter Vets, and the decision to change the name to Southern Highlands Veterinary Centre was made. The new name is particularly suitable given the large area our practice services.
Bill, Charlie and Chris are very excited about the future of the Southern Highlands Veterinary Centre.
Thanks to your ongoing support, our practice continues to grow. If you have any suggestions on how we could improve our services please let us know.
Southern Highlands Veterinary Centre offers a comprehensive range of facilities and services including:
• Small animal consultations by appointment including cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, birds and other exotic species.
• Large animal consultations including beef and dairy cattle, horses, alpacas, sheep and goats.
• On site facilities for examination of large animals
• Ultrasound pregnancy testing for cattle, horse and alpacas
• Orthopaedic surgery such as cruciate surgery including tibial tuberosity advancement (TTA) surgery for large breed dogs and also conventional extracapsular repairs, fracture repairs and luxating patella surgery
• Full range of soft tissue surgery
• Diagnostic imaging using Xray and ultrasound machines
• In house blood testing with IDEXX machine
• Behavioural consultations
• Puppy preschool
• Dog and cat grooming
• Cat boarding