South Australian Maritime Museum
Tourism - Port Adelaide, SA
South Australian Maritime Museum located at Port Adelaide preserves the oldest nautical collection in Australia, a collection that was begun in 1872, we presents exhibition gallery, boats and more.
The South Australian Maritime Museum's collection began in 1872 to celebrate, explore and preserve the human history of our rivers and oceans. It has evolved to be one of Australia's extraordinary nautical collections; it is positively the oldest. We welcome you to explore.
The SA Maritime Museum displays our lighthouse, exhibitions gallery and vessels in the heart of Port Adelaide, South Australia's first heritage precinct. Our collection has grown within the past 140 years but we take a modern approach to interpreting the past.
We show a scope of changing exhibitions and events to interest people of all ages.
• Action Stations: South Australia and the Navy
• The Art of Science: Baudin’s Voyagers 1800-1804
• Wrecked! Tragedy and the Southern Seas
• Active II
• Dolphins! The Port River Pod
• Bound for South Australia
• Mosquito Fleet
• Tapestry of Treasures: The First Nautical Museum
• First Voyages: Exploring the Southern Coast
• Port Adelaide Lighthouse
• Living in Port
For more information, feel free to contact the South Australian Maritime Museum today!