Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club
Local Clubs - West Ryde, NSW
Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club is a premier location for horse racing and sports betting, tipping, NRL, AFL, cricket, soccer, rugby betting. Online betting terminals, fixed and tote odds.
In 1963 ten men joined together to form the Ryde-Eastwood District Rugby League Football Club, their aspiration to field a football team in first division and to build up support within the community. It wasn’t long before it was realised that to compete at that level would require the support of a licensed club and thus also in 1963 Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club was formed.
After securing a lease on premises in Ryedale Rd owned by Simpson Pope Washing Machines, and previously the home of the Holeproof women’s apparel factory, the board decided to apply for a liquor licence. With opposition from local hotels, the Club’s application was rejected twice, and the process of applying for a licence took nearly seven years.
Over the years the Club has strengthened its affiliations with the local community supporting many different sporting groups and local charities. The spirit of friendship, support and determination that brought this club into being in 1963 continues today.
Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club is your one-stop leisure venue.
Our facilities include:
- Three excellent eateries including an Al fresco dining area. Plus the new Golden
Hawk Chinese restaurant on the first floor of the Club.
- State of the art fitness and swim school facilities
- Travel agent (fully accredited)
- Fully equipped function centre
- TAB facilities
- New Sports lounge opening soon and a variety of bars
- Fortnightly auditorium show entertainment
- Lounge entertainment
- Regular weekly raffles and promotions
- Free monthly movie screenings plus $1 Kids' holiday movies
- Line Dancing
- Ceroq dance classes
- FREE Wireless Internet access
- Holiday units for members to book
- A variety of active sub-clubs