Galvin Plumbing Supplies
Plumbers - Osborne Park, WA
Galvin Plumbing Supplies On either side of the new location were a butcher, grocer, wicker and a gun smith, all of whom were to be absorbed into the growing plumbing supply operation.
The company had a slow, but positive start and after two years of trading moved premises to 231 William Street, Perth in 1935. On either side of the new location were a butcher, grocer, wicker and a gun smith, all of whom were to be absorbed into the growing plumbing supply operation.
Behind the William Street shop was a brass foundry, Premier Engineering, in which Mr Roy Galvin and Mr Larry Duffy each shared a fifty percent ownership.
Upon the retirement of Mr Duffy in 1967, Mr Galvin assumed full ownership, by which time in addition to producing brassware there was also various kinds of concrete plumbing products being produced.
Galvins continued growth saw the acquisition of other properties, until finally attaining a total area of six thousand eight hundred square metres which was bounded by William, Francis, Lake and James Streets.
The company enjoyed ongoing success at this location until 1990, at which time Head Office was relocated to its current address of #3-5 Sundercombe Street, Osborne Park.