Dapto Citizens' Bowling Club
Local Clubs - Dapto, NSW
Dapto Citizens' Bowling Club located in Dapto provided wonderful facilities and many hours of enjoyment, both on the greens and in the Club House.
Dapto Citizens' Bowling Club was affiliated in 1958 with Illawarra District Bowling Association and began competing in District Championships and Pennants. However the Club did not have greens at that time and games were played on greens at both Wollongong RSL and Windang Bowling Clubs for the first 2 years.
The original clubhouse was purchased for Two Hundred Pounds ($400). It was dismantled and removed from its location on Princes Highway to be transported and rebuilt on the current site on Fowlers Road. The guiding force in relocating the house was KEVIN DUFF along with the assistance of a band of volunteers – not forgetting the ladies who supplied light refreshments whilst work was in progress.
Since the foundation, Dapto Citizens Bowling Club has seen many extensions and modifications to bring the club to the modern establishment we all see today.
From a modest beginning in a small wooden Bowls House, the Club building and facilities have been developed to the extent that we now have a modern, well equipped Bowling Club.
The strength of our club is found in the membership, both past and present, and this web site highlights the many achievements of our bowlers over the 50 years.