Cooma Golf Club
Local Clubs - Cooma, NSW
Cooma Golf Club located in Cooma provides members and guests a wide range of facilities and services including an 18 hole golf course with bent grass greens, functions, golf facilities and more.
Cooma Golf Club was officially opened on September 9, 1903. The first president was J C Ryrie and he held the position until his death in 1927.
The club was modelled on Royal Sydney, its views and constitution being taken from that club. The person who gave this lead was H L Lovegrove who was a member of Royal Sydney, an outstanding golfer and club champion up to 1910.
It is by far the finest golf course in the Snowy Mountains.
From all over the course and the clubhouse it has magnificent views looking across the rolling plains of the Monaro and out to the mountains.
Cooma Golf Club is situated just 3 kilometres off the Snowy Mountains Highway on the way to the beautiful fishing lakes and of course the ski fields.