Advocate Medical Centres
Medical Services - Box Hill, NSW
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive annual health review for patients aged over 75 years (or 55 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients).
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive annual health review for patients aged over 75 years (or 55 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients). The Health Assessment is an opportunity to explore areas of health that may not be covered during routine medical care. Specifically the assessment looks at:
- Physical ability (how well you manage daily tasks)
- Social Support (what friends, relatives and other supports you have)
- Psychological wellbeing (how you are coping)
Health Assessments focus on preventative care - solving problems before they happen, and can identify things that could be done to help the patient live independently in their own home for as long as possible.
Health Assessments are done in two parts:
- Firstly a practice nurse will perform a comprehensive interview, either at the surgery or in your home, which takes about one hour
- Subsequently you attend your normal doctor for a medical checkup and completion of the assessment.
AMC is pleased to bulk-bill this service so there is no cost to you. Speak to your doctor or one of our nurses if you would like a Health Assessment.