Tips on Choosing a Professional Plumber
View more related buyers guides
Published by TOP4 Team
Clogged Drains can be caused by several things, such as grease, hair, or leftover food stuck in the pipe, it can also occur when sanitary products such as toilet tissue paper, socks, handkerchiefs, napkins into your pipeline. Whatever the cause we can try to find a plumber to handle it and how to choose a plumber is really professional. See tips below to get it:
1. Always seek out referrals be it family, friends, professionals e.g., trusted building contractors and trade material suppliers, etc. Additionally, on larger scale projects it is wise to have your prospective plumber provide at least two to three referrals for you to contact of past customers they have serviced.
2. Ensure that the business has a website and look for testimonials from past customers. Angie’s List and BBB affiliations are always a welcome sign that the business is reputable and has a proven track record.
3. Make sure the plumber has a special machine that can clear blockages in the pipe, starting if it turns out they don’t carry the machine
4. Prepare plenty of water to perform a test to ensure that your channel is completely clear of obstruction
5. Longevity in business usually indicates a good business with quality services, products and solid customer satisfaction. Although a newly formed company should not automatically be discounted – the number of years in business is a strong performance indicator.
6. Make sure that all plumbing work to be performed is guaranteed in writing. Any professional company that provides quality work will have no difficulty in committing in writing a guarantee of their quality work. Additionally, there will be no misunderstanding as to what and exactly how much you are contracting for. This practice is good for both you and your plumber.
7. After making sure that the blockage has been resolved then you make payment.